What's Playing? - Summer Edition

In the summer I like to refresh my playlists and listen to new music. These are some of my current favourite tracks, by a huge range of artists, which are my summer bops - hope you enjoy!

We Don't Care - Sigala ft The Vamps 

★★★★☆

I really like all of The Vamps' music, and they released the second half of their two part album recently; Day Edition. But this song is a collaboration with Sigala which is to be featured on his album Brighter Days. I like Sigala's music in general but this pairing is a true bop.

It has a really upbeat and funky electronic beat; and is very in keeping with Sigala's style. It is reminiscent of beach party music, which accompanied by the cover art gives it a lively summery feel which I really love! If you like any of The Vamps' music, especially their upbeat songs, or Sigala's music I would definitely recommend! 

Rise - Jonas Blue, Jack + Jack

★★★☆☆

I don't tend to listen to any of Jonas Blue's music, but I recently heard this song on the radio and it has really stuck in my head! It has a very infectious beat and riff which I have found is a real mood lifter. 

Definitely a song for the summer, and one you can easily have a boogie too. It does get a bit repetitive, but that is part of its appeal!

Dying in LA - Panic! At The Disco

★★★★★

This track is the last off the new album Pray For The Wicked. I absolutely adore this song, and although not upbeat in nature it was released this summer and has been in my playlist ever since. It is piano driven ballad with beautiful instrumentals, and really shows off Brendon Urie's incredible vocals. It is about being broken by LA which is famous for its opportunities and glamour, I love the pure honesty in this track, and it contrasts beautifully with the more upbeat music on the album.

Come Back Fighting - Philippa Hanna

★★★★☆

This song is the title track of Philippa's new(ish) album Come Back Fighting. The whole album has a country feel to it but with her own personal twist, and stunning vocals! Come Back Fighting (the song not the album) is representative of her uplifting and honest music as a christian artist. I've seen her live twice this year and her true honesty in her lyrics and her stage presence, matched with the love and generosity of time she gives to her supporters makes her truly original. 
Her music covers every type of emotion, so that whatever you're feeling there's a song for you!

Medicine - New Hope Club

★★★★★

New Hope Club have been singing Medicine live since about 2017, but have only released the studio version this year. Since finding out about them through The Vamps (who they have repeatedly supported on tour) they have been one of my favourite bands. It's a very pop focused song, yet is prevented from becoming generic through their unique voices and style. Moreover, they filmed the music video in my home city, and part of it at The Vamps concert I attended this year; making it a bit more personal to me.   

Summer - The Hunna

★★★★☆

This track is from The Hunna's latest album, Dare, but was released as a single in late September 2017 - and was evidently perfectly named for this blog! I really like their music, although it is somewhat different from the other music I listen to. Summer has their typical band/guitar driven vibe and a rather infectious beat, but matched with heartfelt lyrics.
I feel the summer air now, blowing through my hair now, I think I'm on top, on top of the world now.

Moving Along - 5 Seconds of Summer

★★★★☆

I couldn't make a summer playlist without including one the new tracks from 5SOS, who I've been a fan of since 2014. Their new album Youngblood is, in my opinion, their best yet. Their first album was quite pop focused (not a criticism), but I feel that as they've grown as musicians this third album has discovered a more raw, sometimes 80s inspired sound with true maturity in the lyrics which I have truly fallen in love with. Also, Ashton's drumming on this track is CRAZY GOOD.

Thank you for reading ♡


x




Comments

Popular Posts