The Year I Became Gigging Obsessed

So this year I have most definitely caught the gigging bug, this is just a small update on my high and low points of the gigs I have been to this year, as well as which I am looking forward to in 2019!!


04/05/2018 - The Vamps

This was my first proper concert of 2018, and my first time in a arena. Of course it had to be for one of my favourite bands, having been a fan since 2014/15 it was incredible to finally see them live. We sat really far away from the stage, but I still had a fab time - especially as there was no need to queue! I also got to see HRVY, New Hope Club, :PM, Maggie Lindemann and Jacob Sartorius; I'd have preferred there to be less support acts as none of them got very long but it was good to see them, especially New Hope Club who are also one of my fave bands.


06/07/2018 - Philippa Hanna

I've seen Philippa Hanna a number of times live, but this was a really great show at Fulfil; all about love, confidence and God. I had a really good bop with my friends and overall it was a really good night! I also got to chat to her and meet her afterwards which was a real privilege.




26/08/2018 - The Vamps (again!?)

Having had such a good time in May I bought tickets to see them again as part of Skyline Series - so this time it was an outdoor gig. And yes, it did rain.
It was really fun, especially as I was quite close to the front and I had a really good time. However I was really upset as they did not allow enough time to get everyone through security and as a result we missed half of New Hope Club's set which I had been really looking forward to. However, overall it was a really good, if slightly soggy experience.

23/10/2018 - New Hope Club busking tour

New Hope Club did their own little charity busking tour in October, and out of the five cities they went to I was lucky enough to see them in my home town. It was incredible to be able to sit literally a metre away from them as they performed an acoustic set before being able to meet them all in person! (an experience that surprisingly was not too rushed, despite them having another 'gig' that afternoon).



09/12/2018 - Hozier 

This was my last concert of 2018, my sister invited me to go with her to see Hozier at my local 02 academy, famous for Take Me to Church he is an incredible song writer and musician - here he was joined by a band of 7, ranging from organ to violin. It was an insanely good gig performing songs both from his 2014 album, and his recent EP. I especially liked Movement and Jackie and Wilson, he even suprised us with an encore cover of Destiny's Child Say My Name. Would definitely recommend.

So what's next!?

In 2019 I am already booked to see Panic! At The Disco, The Hunna and The Vamps in March, April and May, all which I am seriously excited about! I will keep you updated 😄

x

Comments

Popular Posts