It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

The evenings are getting darker, the Christmas markets are about, and a number of houses have their decorations up. As it draws closer to the holiday season there is always a buzz of apprehension and joy around the city - this is what I've been up to get myself into the Christmas spirit!

Remember remember...


At the start of November I went to my local, but rather large fireworks and bonfire night - although I guess this isn't christmassy but it really got me into the winter mood (mostly because of the amount of layers I was wearing). It was a really good evening, despite the over priced food and the fact I was too scared to go on the rides!


*New* Christmas Range

What I love about christmas is that every food and drink store feels obliged to bring out a Christmas range, and I then feel obliged to try it! Whether that be Tesco's Christmas meal deals (of which I am not very impressed at the veggie options) or the new hot drinks at every high street coffee shop.
This cute coffee was the Gingerbread Latte from Costa; which although very cute (as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it, even solely for making this blog aesthetically pleasing) I had mixed feelings about. It was really rather expensive for what was essentially sweet coffee with a gingerbread biscuit on. Never the less, here I am blogging about it. I am also determined to try out the new ranges in Starbucks and McDonalds so if anyone fancies buying me a coffee....

Christmas Markets

My local city is buzzing at the moment as the German Christmas Market is on, which although insanely busy due to its popularity really oozes christmas spirit, from artisan chocolate to overpriced nic-nacs, Christmas wouldn't be the same without it. I recently went with one of my friends and as my first 'proper' trip to the market it was a fabulous time.


Ice Skating! ⛸

I love a bit of ice skating, and I went this year with a close friend. Truly, there is nothing more christmassy than whizzing on the ice, dancing to some boppy pop tunes, before realising you drastically over estimated your ability and ending up either on the floor or with a penguin kids scooter aid. We both had a great time, and the ice marshals were lovely. Whilst we were there we also took a trip on the Big Wheel, which I had actually never done before! It got me even more excited for the holidays. 



What do you love most about this winter season?

x




Comments

Popular Posts