That Time I Went to Not Dogs


I have been a vegetarian since July and Not Dogs was the first place I visited as a veggie, it has now become a firm favourite of mine so thought it was about time it had its own dedicated blog post!


Not Dogs is a cute little shop found on Link Street in Birmingham, I had never discovered it before I became a vegetarian as it only has two restaurants; this one and one in Chessington and, it is relatively new - only recently celebrating their second birthday of the B'ham branch; but I have truly fallen in love with it!

If you haven't worked out by the punny name, Not Dogs sell veggie and vegan hot dogs, as well as a couple of burgers and vegan milkshakes! The puns don't stop there, as each 'not' dog has its own unique and playful title (for example, Hello Humous, Cha Cha Chilli dog and the Pizza Mark-herita dog to name a few)

I've gone a number of times now, both eating in and taking out (for which they provide recycled and environmentally friendly packaging!!!) and the non-veggies I have gone with have also been impressed with the super friendly service and yummy food.

My personal favourites on the menu are the not dog nuggets - vegetarian chicken nuggets which are hands down the best things I have ever eaten, and the Tikklish Tikka Dog which is topped with crushed poppadoms and coriander!

They also provide a mix of retro and poppy music which I love everytime - it's acceptable to dance whilst eating right?


Not Dogs are very active on social media - check them out on instagram and twitter at @notdogsuk they also run a monthly competition called #SausageSelfie where if you upload a photo of you and your food you could win a 25% for life loyalty card.

I was lucky enough to win this in November (I know I'm still in shock!) and it came with a really cute Christmas card which literally made my day, and will definitely be using this in Not Dogs time and time again. If you do happen to be a student they also offer a 10% student discount so you can eat great meat free food without going into your student loan.

If you do try out Not Dogs do let me know in the comments!


x
If you like this post, why not check out my review of Handmade Burger Company here!

Comments

Popular Posts